QR code and its acceptance in Pakistan’s Retail SectorZainab Khan
QR code and its acceptance
QR codes have become the talk of the town and companies are going gaga over them. They are all the rage right now and they can easily be spotted on business cards, retail stores, brochures, electronic gadgets, billboards, and the list goes on. With the development of QR codes, people are not bound to type long web addresses since they can easily scan the QR code to easily access the information. The best part about QR codes is that this entire process is fast and simple and all one needs is a smartphone.
What is a QR code?
QR code stands for Quick Response code and it was created in 1994 by Japan-based automotive component. It is basically a two-dimensional bar code. In simpler words, it is more or less similar to conventional barcodes but it has the ability to store more information per unit of area as compared to the traditional barcode.
How does QR code work?
All you have to do is scan a picture of the QR code by utilizing a suitable application on your smartphone. This will pave way for fetching relevant information that includes the website, videos, pictures or contact information. There are a number of mechanisms that can be taken into account in order to convince your customers to install your application. Once they have installed your application, they can easily fetch information by simply scanning the QR code.
- Install the application first that you are planning to use.
- Open the application.
- Take picture of the code and you will get the required information or make the payment as well.
Where to use QR codes?
A number of leading companies are using QR codes in their marketing campaigns and it is considered one of the best strategies in order to persuade consumers to install your application. It is up to you where and how you want to place your QR code.
- Use QR code on your products:
Packaging offers numerous opportunities to use the QR code. Along with the product information, you can place your QR code. You might have seen QR code placed under nutritional facts and at various positions on a packaging box. QR codes are being used to inform customers about upcoming promotions, contests, and discounts.
- Use QR code on posters and flyers:
Posters and flyers are yet another medium to redirect your customers to your social media platforms. Moreover, you can avail of this amazing feature to spread awareness about your new products and services.
- Use QR code in a creative and unique manner:
In recent times, the use of the QR code has expanded to a great extent. A number of leading names like Jazzcash, easypaisa, and McDonald’s are using this technique and are involving consumers and retailers in this process. Numerous retail shops have QR codes pasted outside their shops and people can use them to fetch the desired information. In a similar manner, various public places can also be considered in this regard.
- QR code on business cards:
If you want to add useful and beneficial information to your business card, you can use a QR code and even link it with a video demonstration regarding your company.
QR code and its acceptance QR code and its acceptance QR code and its acceptance
5 benefits of QR code to companies:
It is high time to benefit from QR codes and turn your offline untracked customer into an updated online customer. You can use QR codes in multiple ways and 5 of the major benefits are mentioned below:
- Give your contact information:
Most of the business and relevant work highly relies on contacts these days. Networking has several things to offer to companies and the kind of opportunities it puts forward is totally unmatched.
- Enhanced sharing and networking through QR codes:
QR codes have more to them than just being digital barcodes. They can redirect your customers to wherever you want them to be. If you become successful in engaging your customers of social media, you can build a strong relationship with them and you will get more opportunities to turn them into loyal customers. Once this has happened, your products will be advertised through word of mouth.
- Increase website traffic:
QR codes serve as strong connectors between your online and offline media. Gone are the days when people used to advertise via billboards, flyers, and brochures only. Now, they use QR codes on their billboards, flyers, brochures, and business cards and this directly link their customer to their online media platforms. Isn’t it amazing? You can increase your website traffic by displaying QR code on your promotional print media products.
- Engage with the customer effectively:
This is by far one of the best ways to engage with your customers. You can enhance brand awareness to create brand loyalty. All you have to do is to link your QR code with a promotion, exclusive product image or with a coupon available on your website and they will scan it to avail the offer.
- Provide more information:
You can provide a great deal of information by using these codes. You do not have to take the whole page of a magazine to let people know who you are. All you need to do is get a small portion and add a QR code at one side and you are good to go.
4 essentials before you get a QR code!
- Every new innovation in the market is diffused to the roots by giving incentives to the customers. Users do need such offers and they will scan it happily to avail promotions.
- QR code must work efficiently. Since only a 30% error is tolerated by QR readers, make sure that you have tested your QR code before putting it up for your customers.
- Make sure that the information you are feeding in your code must be mobile-friendly since your customers are going to scan it through their smartphones. You must have a mobile version of your site as well if you want your customers to have direct access to your website.
- The management of QR code is yet another important thing. The QR code released by you will always be scanned which sheds light on the fact that all the information provided in a QR code must be recorded and updated on a regular basis.